UK Pensions Basics
Pensions are often called the most complex personal finance subject. But don’t let that put you off.
The basics are relatively easy. Taking just a little time to understand them before buying a pension can make a huge difference to the quality of your retirement.
How Pensions Work
- How does a personal pension work
- How does a company pension scheme work
- How does a Stakeholder pension work?
- How does the State Pension work?
- Contribution limits and earnings Caps for UK Pensions
- Can you have more than one personal pension?
- Can you have more than one Stakeholder pension?
- Can you have more than one occupational pension?
- Is everyone allowed the tax benefits?
What to Save and When to Start
- How much should you save?
- How much are you allowed to save?
- Cost of delaying your pension
- What you need to save to achieve a pension income equivalent to half your salary
- The cost of waiting a year
- Left it too Late?
- The costs of abandoning your pension