Useful Contacts

Useful Contacts


Financial Conduct Authority

The UK government’s regulator, in charge of almost anything to do with personal finance.

Tel 0800 111 6768 or 0300 500 8082 from the UK, or +44 207 066 1000 from abroad.

Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.


The DSS pensions-forecast service

This useful service tells you how much you’ll receive from your State Pension. (It depends on how many contributions you’ve made) Tel 0345 3000 168 or from outside the UK: +44 (0)191 218 3600

Have your National Insurance Number ready.


The Department for Work and Pensions

Financial Ombudsman Service

If you’ve got a complaint then the ombudsman is a big word for the local – teetotal – sheriff. Tel 0800 023 4 567


Pensions Advisory Service

Gives information and guidance to members of the public on state, company and personal pensions.

Pensions Helpline 0300 123 1047

Helpline for Self Employed  0345 602 7021

Pensions Ombudsman

Investigates complaints about pension administration. Also considers complaints about the actions and decisions of the Pension Protection Fund and about some decisions made by the Financial Assistance Scheme.



Trade Unions are always a good source of information for the little guy. Regardless of how you voted in the Eighties, the TUC is worth a try and should at least be able to point you in the right direction. Tel 020 7636 4030


Citizens Advice Bureau

These are an excellent source of advice and information for any problems you may be having. You’ll find your local CAB in the phone book.